Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
::via smashing magazine
yep that's me. i go through these "in a funk" phases where i think to myself no one is reading this blog anyway so why bother? horrible i know!
i promised you some links though and so i'm going to deliver!
- do you see all that gorgeous texture above? smashing magazine had a texture contest and that lovely above won. the images are all free to use in projects - not sure how i could incorporate that into my art, but it could be interesting!
- cool iron on coasters and you can use paper too!
- how cool is this? i might just have to make one with xmas photos for the simple calls right now!
- i'm a huge proponent of handmade cards - we all have scraps and leftovers after every project we do - so easy to whip out a card after every layout! think of the money you'd save. here's an idea for a five minute card.
- oh my lovely stars!
- try your hand at marbelizing paper - looks so easy! wouldn't it be cool to use a patterned paper as the base?
- how cute is this little shelf made out of a yardstick?
- ribbon rosettes - finally something new to do with all that ribbon i have bought and hoarded over the years!
enjoy the links. be sure to let me know if you try something how it worked out! :)
have a great rest of thursday!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
kitschy.net is full of crazy finds like the "bag o' kitsch" (flea-market goodies like 1960s dolls, faux flowers and vintage beads), ribbon and button packs, and jewelry made from '50s and '60s notions. I'm a sucker for buttons...i don't think i can resist.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
- here's a great gift idea - not sure why i didn't think of something like this, i guess when you make all the cards you send it just doesn't seem like something i'd want, but my stepmother would probably love it.
- etsy shops are just so tempting - here's one to browse through dandee designs
- really cute flower card
- paper frames - these would be great smaller on a scrapbook page!
- a lampshade made from popsicle sticks (i envision mine with pp and rubs!)
- love these pun-ny cards.
- gorgeous clean cards with a little bling
- wish they had a flush the toilet one!
- another great gift idea!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
thanks to everyone who wished me get well! i'm feeling better - still tired and a little shaky at times. hope you all had a fabulous mother's day. mine was nice - spent some good time as a family with little rests in between.
tomorrow i hope to get a chance to catch up on my blog reading and provide you with a bunch of inspirational links as well.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
::via d.sharp journal
this little bookmark is simply the corner of an envelope cut off and slid over the top of the page. ingenius! i wish i had seen this before i did my bookmark for the american crafts studio blog. of course i will use patterned paper and letter stickers or stamps on the one i make!
Monday, May 05, 2008
::via design sponge
using patterned paper and a punch, you can easily make this cute little table/stool. of course it was the colors that drew me in. :)
hope you had a great weekend. my class at wiggles and giggles was so much fun. thanks to everyone who came out.
Friday, May 02, 2008
Thursday, May 01, 2008
::via danielle thompson's blog
when danielle thompson announced that she was leaving the scrapbook publishing world last year, a collective cry of "no!" could be heard ringing through the online scrapbooking world. she really contributed so much to this hobby - i believe she was the beginning of freestyle and a more art journal type feel to scrapbook pages. when danielle began to blog again i was excited, then i forgot to add her blog to my roll! yikes. a post showed up today on craftzine about these adorable handmade vinyl frames. aren't they the cutest? then i noticed i was on danielle's blog - made me happy!