Sunday, June 29, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
::via painted fish studios
here are some links i've gathered to some cool projects you might want to check out.
- origami mobile from design sponge - adorable - i might do this with the next kit!
- maze book from folding trees
- design your own computer generated flowers
- how to embroider a greeting card
- very cool free desktop wallpaper (thanks to jess at how about orange)
- how to weave on a cardboard loom (this would be cool with ribbon!)
- red, white & blue paper garland from martha
- make papier-mâché bowls (see photo above - another great use for scraps!)
if you are like me, you have more scraps than you know what to do with. this tutorial for making bows out of paper is one answer to getting rid of some of it. wrap a small gift in a piece of pp - then make a bow out of coordinating pp! too cute!
coming tomorrow linky-lou - so check back!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
following on the heels of the post about rings yesterday. zephyrama explains how to make this oh so cute button necklace. basically all you need is jewelry wire, buttons, pliers and a clasp! gasp! i might need to head to michael's this evening! and if that isn't enough here's a bracelet too!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
::via sew bettie
do you love buttons as much as i do? aren't these the cutest? i love the vintage-y buttons. you can buy the kits at sew bettie - but i'm sure some of you clever readers could think of how to do this with the buttons in your stash. bettie uses elastic here. i bet a trip to the craft store would yield a cheap flat ring that you could hot glue the button stack to as well for a new sew option! :)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
martha showcased this father's day frame on craft of the day. this would be so easy to do with an electronic cutter. she provides the template though for those of us who love their exacto blades! the frame uses two paper clips to keep it standing up. easy peasy and such a cute father's day gift! you could easily make this into a card that converts to the frame as well.