Wednesday, February 25, 2009

daily menu




most people think i'm super organized - the reality is i'm super lazy and have a horrible short term memory. just ask my husband. if it isn't written down it doesn't get done and i'd rather sit and read a book than grocery shop.

one way i've simplified my life is writing out a weekly dinner menu - usually on thursday. then i go to the grocery store just once a week and buy groceries. it also makes dinner time easier because i know what we are having so there is no thought involved. see lazy!

anyhow, here's a free printable weekly menu planner - i'm printing out a few and hanging them on the fridge. i figure i can add meal ideas throughout the week. go me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea! I am the world's worst wannabe when it comes to organization... maybe this is a good starting point for me.

Nathalie said...

I do the exact same thing and even on the same day, Thursday! Those forms are really cute!

Elisa said...

me too, girl! except i'd rather be sewing ;)
when i shop week-to-week (sometimes i'll do OAMC), i do the same thing for the menu!
those forms are awesome!
♥Elisa
http://tootsweethandbags.etsy.com/

Lisa said...

You are not lazy
That's justan efficient use of your time and resources
Seriously, I learned this from watching my mom manage a home and a career!

Nicole D. said...

Thank you so much for this, it's simple and perfect for me! I love that it starts on Monday :)