Friday, January 21, 2011

new "old" studio

i don't know if you remember, but i thought for awhile that i would be moving my studio into a different room in our house. when my husband finished the room that used to be my studio, he couldn't bring himself to give it to my artistic (read messy, destructive, etc.) seven-year old. so he moved me right back in. well in the meantime i had reduced my paper stash by almost 75% and ended up one expedite and a couple pieces of furniture shorter. i used to have a table in the middle of the room. that is gone now. the plan is to infuse the room with more orange.

in case you are interested this is what the room used to look like.

my favorite part of the new room is the flooring. my dear husband refinished it and patched up a few sections that needed flooring. you can see glimpses of it in the photos below.the paint color is martha stewart dolphin. the handles on the closet doors were a steal only $12 each at ocean state job lot. a couple new art items. still need to do something above the new uncomfortable chair from target (it was super cheap and it pulls out to a bed so my little guy can sleep there when we have company!)

the boys bought me the gerber daisy art at target - sweet of them so i felt compelled to hang them up. the low closet doors are on either side of the daisies - that's a long awkward closet that has odds and ends in it.

i'm not going into great detail about my storage, but if you are interested please ask questions and i'll do a q&a thread next week. click on the photos for a larger view.






7 comments:

Angie Lucas said...

Beautiful space! I'd like to move right in. :)

Jill Dater said...

I like the little glass cabinet. Where did you get it? If you remember.

Aly Dosdall said...

looks awesome c. love the paint color--orange will go perfectly!

Mindy said...

I enjoy those same shelves from IKEA. I also recently painted my creative room n a light shade of gray. It is quite delightful! Love what you have done. Orange will look fabulous!

Keshet said...

It's beautiful, Celeste! Love the print especially!

Heidi S. said...

Loving this C! The "Keep Calm" print is adorable! Wish we lived closer...I would love to come and scrap! :)

H

Natalie said...

Ah my heart gently swells into a calmer state. This room is inspiring :) Thanks for sharing.