Friday, May 30, 2008
i have had this link in my idea folder forever (well since last june anyway.) isn't that the coolest mobile? that's just paper scraps cut into ovals (you could use circles) and strung on wire! brillant use of scraps, eh?
Thursday, May 29, 2008
::via smashing magazine
yep that's me. i go through these "in a funk" phases where i think to myself no one is reading this blog anyway so why bother? horrible i know!
i promised you some links though and so i'm going to deliver!
- do you see all that gorgeous texture above? smashing magazine had a texture contest and that lovely above won. the images are all free to use in projects - not sure how i could incorporate that into my art, but it could be interesting!
- cool iron on coasters and you can use paper too!
- how cool is this? i might just have to make one with xmas photos for the simple calls right now!
- i'm a huge proponent of handmade cards - we all have scraps and leftovers after every project we do - so easy to whip out a card after every layout! think of the money you'd save. here's an idea for a five minute card.
- oh my lovely stars!
- try your hand at marbelizing paper - looks so easy! wouldn't it be cool to use a patterned paper as the base?
- how cute is this little shelf made out of a yardstick?
- ribbon rosettes - finally something new to do with all that ribbon i have bought and hoarded over the years!
enjoy the links. be sure to let me know if you try something how it worked out! :)
have a great rest of thursday!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
craft of the day
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
kitschy.net is full of crazy finds like the "bag o' kitsch" (flea-market goodies like 1960s dolls, faux flowers and vintage beads), ribbon and button packs, and jewelry made from '50s and '60s notions. I'm a sucker for buttons...i don't think i can resist.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
31 crafty flowers
melissa at pink paper peppermints is sharing 31 crafty flower ideas. she's on the ninth day and has all sorts of cool ideas for flowers. shown above is day 8 - ric rac flowers - so pretty!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
linky lou part deux
- here's a great gift idea - not sure why i didn't think of something like this, i guess when you make all the cards you send it just doesn't seem like something i'd want, but my stepmother would probably love it.
- etsy shops are just so tempting - here's one to browse through dandee designs
- really cute flower card
- paper frames - these would be great smaller on a scrapbook page!
- a lampshade made from popsicle sticks (i envision mine with pp and rubs!)
- love these pun-ny cards.
- gorgeous clean cards with a little bling
- wish they had a flush the toilet one!
- another great gift idea!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
vintage plastic canvas!!!!!
::via cathy of california
ooh a purse
Monday, May 12, 2008
martha martha martha
thanks to everyone who wished me get well! i'm feeling better - still tired and a little shaky at times. hope you all had a fabulous mother's day. mine was nice - spent some good time as a family with little rests in between.
tomorrow i hope to get a chance to catch up on my blog reading and provide you with a bunch of inspirational links as well.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
oh the bookmark
::via d.sharp journal
this little bookmark is simply the corner of an envelope cut off and slid over the top of the page. ingenius! i wish i had seen this before i did my bookmark for the american crafts studio blog. of course i will use patterned paper and letter stickers or stamps on the one i make!
Monday, May 05, 2008
ca-ute little table
::via design sponge
using patterned paper and a punch, you can easily make this cute little table/stool. of course it was the colors that drew me in. :)
hope you had a great weekend. my class at wiggles and giggles was so much fun. thanks to everyone who came out.
Friday, May 02, 2008
Food Box Wallet
Thursday, May 01, 2008
vinyl wall decals
::via danielle thompson's blog
when danielle thompson announced that she was leaving the scrapbook publishing world last year, a collective cry of "no!" could be heard ringing through the online scrapbooking world. she really contributed so much to this hobby - i believe she was the beginning of freestyle and a more art journal type feel to scrapbook pages. when danielle began to blog again i was excited, then i forgot to add her blog to my roll! yikes. a post showed up today on craftzine about these adorable handmade vinyl frames. aren't they the cutest? then i noticed i was on danielle's blog - made me happy!